Celebrate the season with fellow Democrats at our annual holiday party and fundraiser. We'll have plenty to eat, a cash bar and short program -- and no conflict with the Packers, who play the previous Thursday.
To provide the party with resources we need for success in both spring and fall 2016 elections, please consider being a sponsor with a gift of $100 or more. To sponsor, contact Dorrie Sundquist at email@example.com, or go to https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/dd2016. Sponsorship deadline is Nov. 22, so don't wait!
Where: Cardinal Bar, 418 E. Wilson St., Madison
When: 2-4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 6
You are invited to come to our November General Membership Meeting and Executive Board Elections. Our guest speaker that evening will be Russ Feingold. We will also be holding our Executive Board Elections and holding a Thanksgiving food drive for the Goodman Community Center.
Where: Concourse Hotel (1 W Dayton St., Madison)
When: Wednesday, November 11th, 7PM
The Trump show was entertaining, but now it's time for the serious candidates. Watch with fellow Dems, and help your county party build resources for next year's races. Funds raised now will support local and state progressives in April and build the local infrastructure for state and federal races in November. To sponsor, contact Dorrie Sundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/dd2016.
What: Democratic presidential debate watch party and fundraiser
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13
- Hop Haus, 231 South Main Street, Verona
- Wando's, 602 University Ave. (Third Floor), Madison (Co-hosted by UW and Edgewood College Dems and Young Progressives)
We'll have some more info up on the guests and program for the October Dane Dems meeting soon, but just as a heads-up, this month we'll be at the Madison Public Library Downtown branch, and not the Concourse.
Wednesday, October 14th, 7pm, Madison Public Library.
Please join us for our September Dane Dems meeting. This month, we've got a double-header: We'll be joined by Martha Laning, who was elected Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin this past June. Then, we'll have a round-table with Kevin Gundlach and other leaders from our friends in Labor.
7pm, Wednesday, September 9th, at the Concourse Hotel in Downtown Madison. You can RSVP at our Facebook event by clicking here.
After our summer break, the Dane Dems are back in August with two great events.
First, on Wednesday August 12 at 7pm, at the Concourse Hotel in downtown Madison, please join us for the August Membership meeting of the Democratic Party of Dane County. Our guest this month is Scot Ross of One Wisconsin Now.
Then, on Sunday, August 23rd, please join us for the Dane Dems Summer Picnic. It will run from Noon until 2pm, at Warner Park on Madison's north side. We'll have brats and burgers (both meat and veggie) and beverages. We hope to see you there!
Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, candidate for the Democratic Party's nomination for President, will be in Madison on Wednesday to hold a rally at the Dane County Veterans Memorial Coliseum (aka Alliant Energy Center - 1919 Alliant Energy Center Drive in Madison). It will begin at 7PM with doors opening at 6PM. For more information and to sign up, go to the event page on the Bernie Sanders for President site.
Note: This information to Dane Dems members isn't an endorsement for any campaign for President by the Democratic Party of Dane County. We will provide information for all candidate visits to Dane County during this campaign season.
I want to thank everybody for their patience as we sorted out a few membership issues for potential delegates before releasing our current version of the Dane Dems DPW Delegation list. To recap, registration deadline was May 15th. May 22nd was the deadline to update your memberships to stay eligible as a delegate or alternate.
I am happy to report that our original delegation list with 43 alternates has been reduced to four on account of people cancelling or becoming ineligible by not renewing their memberships. Below the flip is our delegation list...
Please join us for the April meeting of the Democratic Party of Dane County. Our guest this month with be Assistant Leader of the Assembly Democrats, Katrina Shankland!
This is the day after the election, so we'll undoubtably have a number of victories to celebrate, and we'll also have some updates from elected officials from the area.
The April meeting is Wednesday, April 8th at 7:00pm at the Concourse Hotel. You can RSVP at our Facebook Event for the meeting.
Looking ahead, our May meeting is Wednesday, May 13th, also at 7:00pm at the Concourse. The May meeting will feature a Candidate Forum for the people running to be the next State Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
For the Spring 2015 elections on April 7th, the Democratic Party of Dane County has made endorsements in 34 different races:
- Madison District 1: Barbara McKinney
- Madison District 2: Ledell Zellers
- Madison District 3: Amanda Hall
- Madison District 4: Mike Verveer
- Madison District 5: Shiva Bidar-Sielaff
- Madison District 6: Marsha Rummel
- Madison District 7: Steve King
- Madison District 8: Zach Wood
- Madison District 10: Maurice Cheeks
- Madison District 11: Chris Schmidt
- Madison District 12: Larry Palm
- Madison District 13: Both Sarah Eskrich and Zach Madden
- Madison District 14: Both Sheri Carter and John Strasser
- Madison District 16: Denise DeMarb
- Madison District 17: Both Samba Baldeh and Joe Clausius
- Madison District 18: Both Peng Her and Rebecca Kemble
- Madison School Board Seat 1: Anna Moffit
- Madison School Board Seat 2: Mary Burke
- Fitchburg Mayor: Steve Arnold
- Fitchburg City Council Seat 2: Michael Childers
- Fitchburg City Council Seat 3: Both Julia Arata-Fratta and Roger Backes
- Fitchburg City Council Seat 4: Patrick Stern
- Fitchburg City Council Seat 6: Dan Carpenter
- Fitchburg City Council Seat 7: Jake Johnson
- Fitchburg City Council Seat 8: Tony Hartmann
- Verona City Council District 1: Liz Doyle
- Verona City Council District 2: Dale Yurs
- Verona City Council District 3: Heather Reekie
- Verona City Council District 4: Luke Diaz
- Sun Prairie District 2: Bill Connors
- Sun Prairie District 2, (1 year term, filling a vacant seat - not the seat Connors is seeking): Diane McGinnis
- Sun Prairie City Council District 3: Mike Jacobs
- Sun Prairie City Council District 4: Al Guyant
- Stoughton City Council District 2: Mike Engelberger
- Stoughton School Board: Allison Sorg