Please join the Dane Dems as we return for the second half of 2013 on August 14th at 7pm. Our speaker this August is Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
The meeting takes place at the Concourse Hotel in downtown Madison.
Please RSVP Here.
Everybody is invited to our Summer Picnic on June 30th from Noon to 2PM at Rennebohm Park (115 North Eau Claire Ave, Madison). The Dane Dems are providing brats, burgers and beverages. People are asked to bring a dish to share. All contributions to the event are welcome.
More information and to RSVP
Please join us for this month's membership meeting, where we will hear from County Board Supervisor Shelia Stubbs and State Representative Andy Jorgensen.
Please join the Dane Dems this Wednesday, April 10th at 7pm at the Concourse Hotel. This month will be a number of different speakers with some short remarks and discussions, and is sure to be informative.
Today is Election Day. Polls are open from 7AM to 8PM. Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/Voter/VoterSearchScreen.aspx to find out your polling location.
The Democratic Party of Dane County urges you to vote for the following candidates:
Please join us on Wednesday, March 13th for a Dane County Circuit Court Judge Forum, with candidates Judge Rebecca St. John and Attorney Rhonda Lanford.
The meeting starts at 7pm at the Concourse Hotel in downtown Madison.
In addition to the forum, we'll also be voting on the last set of endorsements for the spring elections.
This month's Dane Dems membership meeting will be held this Wednesday, January 16th at 7:00PM at the Concourse Hotel in Downtown Madison.
This month's meeting features a Madison Metropolitan School District candidate forum and members-only straw poll. All seven candidates for School Board have been invited and at least six will be participating. We will also hear from Tony Evers, State Superintendent of Public Instruction and vote on a first round of endorsements for the Spring Election.
I am writing this morning to let you know of some things your county party is doing this week and to let you know about how you can get involved:
1) Your President needs your help. As he continues to try and negotiate a settlement with Congressional Republicans to avoid the "fiscal cliff" at the end of the year, he needs you to use your voice and let Washington know that the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% must go, that we can't raise taxes on the middle class, and that any deal must not include drastic cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and programs that help Americans in need. Here is what you can do:
- Today there will be a vigil at the Capitol at West Mifflin St at 4PM to send this message to Senator Kohl. Go to http://pol.moveon.org/event/events/event.html?event_id=136195&id= for more details
- Go over to http://www.theaction.org and sign up and find out more about what you can do to help.
- Arm yourself with the facts here - http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/taxes/tax-cuts
- Write a letter today to the Wisconsin State Journal (http://host.madison.com/wsj/opinion/mailbag/) and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
(http://www.jsonline.com/news/30627794.html) detailing what's at stake over the next couple weeks.
- And stay tuned. We'll be informing you of events as they come up over the next few weeks so that you can help us win this fight!
2) This coming Spring promises to be big for the Dane Dems. We are looking to run the largest slate ever of candidates for local offices - and we want you to be a part of it. If you ever thought of running for office or helping out candidates as a campaign manager, you have an opportunity to learn at our candidate/campaign manager training this Saturday from 9:00-11:00AM at the DPW offices at 110 King Street in Madison (above Ancora Coffee). Dane County Board Chair and Clerk-Elect Scott McDonell will lead the session for candidates and I will lead the session for campaign managers. For more information and to sign up, go to http://www.facebook.com/events/335547576552445/ .
3) Don't forget our Holiday Party coming up this Sunday from 2:00-4:00PM at the Cardinal Bar (418 E Wilson, Madison). As always, this promises good food, good cheer and great company. We hope you can a part of this. See you then!
Michael Basford, Dane Dems Chair
We began 2012 with a goal to make history this year and we certainly made it last week! I know everybody reading this had a hand in re-electing President Obama and Vice-President Biden and sending Tammy Baldwin and Mark Pocan to Washington. Once again, thank you very much for all that you've done.
You're invited to join us on Wednesday night for our monthly membership meeting. As always, it is at 7PM at the Concourse Hotel in downtown Madison. Our special guest will be Scot Ross of One Wisconsin Now discussing "The Next Fight" and we will break down what the county party did in the Fall election and discuss what we plan on doing in the next year.
Please join us! This proves to be a very interesting meeting and I hope to see you there.
Michael Basford, Dane Dems Chair
p.s. - Mark your calendars! Our holiday party will be Sunday, December 16th from 2-4PM at the Cardinal Bar in Madison.